Education Career Fair
Friday, February 26, 2016
9:30 a.m. -1 p.m.
Bone Student Center
The Education Career Fair connects school administrators, superintendents, and other employers from the field of education seeking to hire candidates in education and related fields for full-time positions.
Meet exciting new talent from Illinois State University. Join the Career Center for our Education Career Fair. Learn more about Illinois State's College of Education, Illinois State's Teacher Certification Programs. View travel directions to Illinois State. Event details, such as: parking, shipping, etc. will be available two weeks prior to the fair.
Register for the Education Career Fair. Credit card is required. Master Card, Visa, or American Express are accepted. Discover is also accepted, but payment must be made through the Braden Box Office at (309) 438-5444. If your organization is unable to pay by credit card, contact the Career Center. This fair is nearing capacity. New registrants will now be placed in a secondary location.
Download the official Illinois State University App for free from the App Store or Google Play Store and view the map of the fair layout; the list of employers, and other tips. Visit your app store, search for the Illinois State University app, then download the Career Center Guide. Check back regularly.
Career Fair Planning Tips
If you need special accommodation to attend this event, contact the Career Center. Please allow sufficient time to arrange for the accommodation.
- Attend these Career Center programs coordinated exclusively for education majors: TBD.
- Get helpful tips on how to prepare for a career fair. Flip to page 16 of the Career Resource Guide.
- Construct an effective resume. View pages 4-6 of the Career Resource Guide. Then, visit the Career Center during drop-in hours for a resume and/or LinkedIn profile review.
- Prepare for on-the-spot interviews. Visit InterviewStream to get interview questions listed by major and job industry, and practice your answers.
- Identify your answers to commonly asked questions. Flip to page 23 of the Career Resource Guide for sample questions.
- Develop a 30 second summary of your professional skills, experience and interests. Visit pages 23-24 of the Career Resource Guide.
- Watch our career fair video to learn helpful tips for the day of the fair, and a video from one of our career fairs to see what the fair is actually like and get inside tips and advice from students. (Download a transcript of the career fair video and the transcript from the video of one of our career fairs.)
- Be sure to dress the part by reviewing page 19 of the Career Resource Guide for professional dress tips, and page 21 for proper professional etiquette.
- Do your research! Visit page 16 of the Career Resource Guide to learn how to do quality research on employers so you can answer the question, "what do you know about our organization?"
- Create your Hire-A-Redbird profile for job searches and resume posting. If you already have your profile created, be sure the information in your profile is current and accurate.
- Get a free professional headshot photo available to Illinois State students at the fair from 10 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. Photos were posted onto Flickr within a week after the event.
- Download the free Illinois State University app to view the map of the fair layout, list of employers, and other helpful tips. Visit your app store, search for the Illinois State University app, then download the Career Center Guide.
- Join the Career Center on Facebook and Twitter for fair updates and helpful tips.