Education Career Fair
Thursday, March 5, 2015
9:30 a.m. -1 p.m.
Bone Student Center
Candidate Admission Times and Fees
Current Illinois State students 9:30 a.m.-1 p.m., cost: free, no pre-registration required, must have your current Redbird ID card at time of entrance in order to enter at this time. Senior professionals will be available for career fair preparation beginning at 9 a.m.
Illinois State alumni 11 a.m.-1 p.m., cost: free, no pre-registration required.
Non-Illinois State students 12 -1 p.m., cost will be incurred, and advance registration will be required - registration is now available.
The Education Career Fair connects school administrators, superintendents, and other employers from the field of education seeking to hire candidates in education and related fields for full-time positions.
Meet exciting new talent from Illinois State University. Join the Career Center for our Education Career Fair. Learn more about Illinois State's College of Education, Illinois State's Teacher Certification Programs. View travel directions to Illinois State. Event details, such as: parking, shipping, etc. are noted on the Education Fair confirmation.
Credit card is required (American Express, Discover, Master Card, Visa). If your company is not allowed to pay by credit card, you must contact Career Center Events to register.
Put your best foot forward at the career fair by following these career fair planning tips:
- Learn how to prepare for a career fair.
- Construct an effective resume.
- Attend the Career Fair Prep for Education Majors session on February 19th and the Hiring Tips for Education Majors session on March 4th.
- Make an appointment with your career advisor or drop-by the Career Center during walk-in hours for a brief resume review.
- Some districts conduct interviews on-the-spot. Be prepared just in case by preparing for interviews.
- Develop a 30 second summary of your professional skills, experience and interests. See page 19 of the Career Resource Guide.
- Watch our Preparing for a Career Fair video to learn helpful tips when attending the fair, and a video from one of our career fairs to see what the fair is actually like and get inside tips and advice from students.
- Be sure to dress the part by reviewing page 16 of our Career Resource Guide, and page 14 for tips on proper professional etiquette.
- Review the list of attending employers and identify those you most want to meet.
- Do your research! Visit page 15 of the Career Resource Guide to learn how to do quality research of employers so you can answer the question, "what do you know about us?"
Be sure to check admissions times, fees and registration above. To better serve Illinois State students, an exclusive admission time is provided to current Illinois state students with Redbird ID card. Pre-registration with participation fee will be required for non-Illinos State students. Registration coming soon.