Education Career Fair
Friday, February 26, 2016
9:30 a.m. -1 p.m.
Bone Student Center
The Education Career Fair connects school administrators, superintendents, and other employers from the field of education seeking to hire candidates in education and related fields for full-time positions.
Meet exciting new talent from Illinois State University. Join the Career Center for our Education Career Fair. Learn more about Illinois State's College of Education, Illinois State's Teacher Certification Programs. View travel directions to Illinois State. Event details, such as: parking, shipping, etc. will be available two weeks prior to the fair.
Register for the Education Career Fair. Credit card is required. Master Card, Visa, or American Express are accepted. Discover is also accepted, but payment must be made through the Braden Box Office at (309) 438-5444. If your organization is unable to pay by credit card, contact the Career Center. This fair reaches capacity quickly. So be sure to register early if you want to be stationed in a primary location.
View the current list of the companies registered for this event and identify those you most want to meet. Or, download the free Illinois State University app to view the map of the fair layout, list of employers, and other helpful tips. Visit your app store, search for the Illinois State University app, then download the Career Center Guide. Check back regularly.
Put your best foot forward at the career fair by following these career fair planning tips:
If you need special accommodation to attend this event, contact the Career Center. Please allow sufficient time to arrange for the accommodation.
- Attend these Career Center programs coordinated exclusively for education majors: Career Fair Prep for Education Majors (February 10) and Hiring Tips for Education Majors (February 25).
- Get helpful tips on how to prepare for a career fair. Flip to page 16 of the Career Resource Guide.
- Construct an effective resume. View pages 5-7 of the Career Resource Guide. Then, visit the Career Center for a resume critique and/or mock interview by making an appointment with your career advisor or visit the Career Center during drop-in hours.
- Prepare for on-the-spot interviews. Visit InterviewStream to get interview questions listed by major and job industry, and practice your answers.
- Identify your answers to commonly asked questions. Flip to page 19 of the Career Resource Guide for sample questions.
- Develop a 30 second summary of your professional skills, experience and interests. Visit page 19 of the Career Resource Guide.
- Watch our career fair video to learn helpful tips for the day of the fair, and a video from one of our career fairs to see what the fair is actually like and get inside tips and advice from students. (Download a transcript of the career fair video and the transcript from the video of one of our career fairs.)
- Be sure to dress the part. Flip to page 17 of the Career Resource Guide for professional dress tips, and page 15 for proper professional etiquette.
- Do your research! Visit page 18 of the Career Resource Guide to learn how to do quality research so you can answer the question, "what do you know about us?"
Be sure to check admissions times above. To better serve Illinois State students, an exclusive admission time is provided to current Illinois state students with Redbird ID card.