Education Career Fair
Friday, February 26, 2016
9:30 a.m. -1 p.m.
Bone Student Center
Candidate Admission Times
Current Illinois State students - anytime after 9:30 a.m., must have your current Redbird ID card at time of entrance in order to enter at this time.
Illinois State alumni - anytime after 11 a.m.
Non-Illinois State students - anytime after 12 p.m.
The Education Career Fair connects school administrators, superintendents, and other employers from the field of education seeking to hire candidates in education and related fields for full-time positions.
Meet exciting new talent from Illinois State University. Join the Career Center for our Education Career Fair. Learn more about Illinois State's College of Education, Illinois State's Teacher Certification Programs. View travel directions to Illinois State. Event details, such as: parking, shipping, etc. will be available two weeks prior to the fair.
Registration for the 2016 Education Fair opens fall 2015. For more information, contact the Career Center.
Put your best foot forward at the career fair by following these career fair planning tips:
If you need special accommodation to attend this event, contact the Career Center. Please allow sufficient time to arrange for the accommodation.
- Get helpful tips on how to prepare for a career fair. Flip to page 16 of the Career Resource Guide.
- Construct an effective resume. View pages 5-7 of the Career Resource Guide. Then, visit the Career Center for a resume critique and/or mock interview by making an appointment with your career advisor or visit the Career Center during drop-in hours.
- Prepare for on-the-spot interviews. Visit InterviewStream to get interview questions listed by major and job industry, and practice your answers.
- Identify your answers to commonly asked questions. Flip to page 19 of the Career Resource Guide for sample questions.
- Develop a 30 second summary of your professional skills, experience and interests. Visit page 19 of the Career Resource Guide.
- Watch our career fair video to learn helpful tips for the day of the fair, and a video from one of our career fairs to see what the fair is actually like and get inside tips and advice from students. (Download a transcript of the career fair video and the transcript from the video of one of our career fairs.)
- Be sure to dress the part. Flip to page 17 of the Career Resource Guide for professional dress tips, and page 15 for proper professional etiquette.
- Do your research! Visit page 18 of the Career Resource Guide to learn how to do quality research so you can answer the question, "what do you know about us?"
Be sure to check admissions times above. To better serve Illinois State students, an exclusive admission time is provided to current Illinois state students with Redbird ID card.