Education Career Fair
Friday, February 26, 2016
9:30 a.m. -1 p.m.
Bone Student Center
Candidate Admission Times
Current Illinois State students - anytime after 9:30 a.m., must have your current Redbird ID card at time of entrance in order to enter at this time.
Illinois State alumni - anytime after 11 a.m.
Non-Illinois State students - anytime after 12 p.m.
The Education Career Fair connects school administrators, superintendents, and other employers from the field of education seeking to hire candidates in education and related fields for full-time positions.
Meet exciting new talent from Illinois State University. Join the Career Center for our Education Career Fair. Learn more about Illinois State's College of Education, Illinois State's Teacher Certification Programs. View travel directions to Illinois State. Event details, such as: parking, shipping, etc. will be available two weeks prior to the fair.
Registration for the 2016 Education Fair opens summer 2015. For more information, contact the Career Center.
Put your best foot forward at the career fair by following these career fair planning tips:
If you need special accommodation to attend this event, contact the Career Center. Please allow sufficient time to arrange for the accommodation.
- Learn how to prepare for a career fair.
- Construct an effective resume.
- Attend any pre-fair preparation sessions.
- Make an appointment with your career advisor or drop-by the Career Center during drop-in hours for a brief resume review.
- Some districts conduct interviews on-the-spot. Be prepared just in case by preparing for interviews.
- Develop a 30 second summary of your professional skills, experience and interests. See page 19 of the Career Resource Guide.
- Watch our Preparing for a Career Fair video to learn helpful tips when attending the fair, and a video from one of our career fairs to see what the fair is actually like and get inside tips and advice from students.
- Be sure to dress the part by reviewing page 16 of our Career Resource Guide, and page 14 for tips on proper professional etiquette.
- Review the list of the employers who attended the 2015 Education Fair. List will only be available until the 2016 fair registration opens to employers this summer.
- Do your research! Visit page 15 of the Career Resource Guide to learn how to do quality research of employers so you can answer the question, "what do you know about us?"
Be sure to check admissions times above. To better serve Illinois State students, an exclusive admission time is provided to current Illinois state students with Redbird ID card.