Fall Career Fair
Thursday, October 8, 2015
4 - 7 p.m.
Bone Student Center
The Fall Career Fair connects recruiters with students from
who seeking full-time positions.
Meet exciting new talent from Illinois State University. Register for the Fall Career Fair! Learn more about Illinois State's academic programs and majors. View travel directions to Illinois State. Event details for attending recruiters, such as: parking, set-up, shipping, etc. will be sent to registrants and will be available here two weeks prior to the event.
Register today! Credit card is required. If your company is not able
to pay by credit card, you must contact the Career Center to register.
View the current list of the companies registered for this event
and identify those you most want to meet. Check back regularly.
Put your best foot forward at the career fair by following these career fair planning tips:
- Get helpful tips on how to prepare for a career fair. Flip to page 15 of the Career Resource Guide.
- Construct an effective resume. View pages 4-8 of the Career Resource Guide. Then, visit the Career Center for a resume critique and/or mock interview by making an appointment with your career advisor or visit the Career Center during drop-in hours.
- Prepare for on-the-spot interviews. Visit InterviewStream to get interview questions listed by major and job industry, and practice your answers.
- Identify your answers to commonly asked questions. Flip to page 18 of the Career Resource Guide for sample questions.
- Develop a 30 second summary of your professional skills, experience and interests. Visit page 19 of the Career Resource Guide.
- Watch our career fair video to learn helpful tips for the day of the fair, and a video from one of our career fairs to see what the fair is actually like and get inside tips and advice from students. (Download a transcript of the career fair video and the transcript from the video of one of our career fairs.)
- Be sure to dress the part. Flip to page 16 of the Career Resource Guide for professional dress tips, and page 14 for proper professional etiquette.
- Do your research! Visit page 15 of the Career Resource Guide to learn how to do quality research so you can answer the question, "what do you know about us?"
- Attend the Behind the Scenes Career Fair Tour the day of the fair for tips and suggestions on how to navigate the fair and how to approach employers.
- Get a free professional headshot photo taken at the fair (for Illinois State students only). Photos will be posted onto Flickr within a week after the event.
If you need special accommodations to attend this event, contact the Career Center. Please allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodations.