Fall Career Fair
Thursday, October 13, 2016
4 - 7 p.m.
Bone Student Center
The Fall Career Fair connects recruiters with students and alumni from
all majors seeking full-time positions.
Meet exciting new talent from Illinois State University. Register for the Fall Career Fair! Learn more about Illinois State's academic programs and majors. Candidates from other local institutions may also be in attendance. View travel directions to Illinois State. Event details for attending recruiters, such as: parking, set-up, shipping, etc. will be sent to registrants and will be available here two weeks prior to the event. Effective January 2017, the Career Center will not accept or send out fair shipments. Please make arrangements through your own carriers as needed. The Career Center apologizes for any inconvenience.
Note: This fair is now full and registration is closed. To be placed on the waiting list, call (309) 438-2200.
Download the free Illinois
State University app
to view the map of the fair layout, list of employers, and other helpful tips. Visit your app store, search for the Illinois State University app, then download the Career Center Guide. Check back regularly.
Put your best foot forward at the career fair by attending InstaCareer, our career fair preparation sessions to learn how to introduce yourself, identify what to say, get tips on how to follow-up after the fair, and more!
Career Fair Planning Tips
- Get helpful tips on how to prepare for a career fair. Flip to page 16 of the Career Resource Guide.
- Construct an effective resume. View pages 4-6 of the Career Resource Guide. Then, visit the Career Center during drop-in hours or at our Late-night Resume/LinkedIn Reviews on October 10, 11 and 12.
- Prepare for on-the-spot interviews. Visit InterviewStream to get interview questions listed by major and job industry, and practice your answers.
- Identify your answers to commonly asked questions. Flip to page 23 of the Career Resource Guide for sample questions.
- Develop a 30 second summary of your professional skills, experience and interests. Visit page 23-24 of the Career Resource Guide.
- Watch our career fair video to learn helpful tips for the day of the fair, and a video from one of our career fairs to see what the fair is actually like and get inside tips and advice from students. (Download a transcript of the career fair video and the transcript from the video of one of our career fairs.)
- Be sure to dress the part. Flip to page 19 of the Career Resource Guide for professional dress tips, and page 21 for proper professional etiquette.
- Do your research! Visit page 16 of the Career Resource Guide to learn how to do quality research on employers so you can answer the question, "what do you know about our organization?"
- Create your Hire-A-Redbird profile for job searches and resume posting. If you already have your profile created, be sure the information in your profile is current and accurate.
- Get a free professional headshot photo available to Illinois State students at the fair from 4:30 - 6 p.m. Photos will be posted onto Flickr within a week after the event.
- Download the
Illinois State University app to view the map of the fair layout, list of employers, and other helpful tips. Visit your app store, search for the Illinois State University app, then download the Career Center Guide.
- Join the Career Center on Facebook and Twitter for fair updates and helpful tips.
Student Volunteers Needed
Interested in developing your leadership skills and/or earning service hours? Become a career fair student volunteer!
If you need special accommodations to attend this event, contact the Career Center. Please allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodations.