Fall Career Fair
Thursday, October 16, 2014
2 - 6 p.m.
Bone Student Center
The Fall Career Fair connects employers with students (of all majors) who seeking full-time positions only.
Meet exciting new talent from Illinois State University. Register for the Fall Career Fair today! Credit card is required. If your company is not able to pay by credit card, you must contact Career Center Events to register. Event details for attending employers, such as: parking, set-up, shipping, etc. are coming soon. Learn more about Illinois State's academic programs and majors. View travel directions to Illinois State.
Put your best foot forward at the career fair by following these career fair planning tips:
- Learn how to prepare for a career fair.
- Construct an effective resume. Then visit the Career Center for a resume critique and/or mock interview held on October 10, October 14 and 15, or during walk-in hours.
- Prepare for on the spot interviews.
- Develop a 30 second summary of your professional skills, experience and interests. See page 19 of the Career Resource Guide.
- Watch our Career Fair Video to learn helpful tips for the day of the fair.
- Be sure to dress the part. Flip to page 16 of the Career Resource Guide for professional dress tips, and page 14 for proper professional etiquette.
- Review the list of attending employers and to outline a plan to identify those you most want to meet. NOTE: Employers may sign-up or cancel after posting. Be sure to visit the check-in table at the fair for changes to this list. Or, view the current list at Hire-A-Redbird. Simply log into your account, click on the "Events" tab and the respective fair.
- Attend the Behind the Scenes Career Fair Tour the day of the fair for tips and suggestions on how to navigate the fair and how to approach employers.
- Stop by First Check before entering the fair to be sure you're ready. Meet with Senior Professionals for advice on what to say to employers, be sure your attire is set, get answers on any last minute questions, or for an encouraging pep talk.
- If you're graduating this semester, be sure to stop by Grad Finale during the fair to order your regalia, graduation announcements and more!
If you need special accommodations to attend this event, contact the Career Center. Please allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodations.