Fall Career Fair
Thursday, October 8, 2015
4 - 7 p.m.
Bone Student Center
The Fall Career Fair connects recruiters with students from
all majors seeking full-time positions.
Meet exciting new talent from Illinois State University. Register for the Fall Career Fair! Learn more about Illinois State's academic programs and majors. View travel directions to Illinois State. Event details for attending recruiters, such as: parking, set-up, shipping, etc. will be sent to registrants and will be available here two weeks prior to the event.
This fair has reached capacity. No other tables available. If you have not registered previously, you will not be able to attend. Walk-ins will NOT be accepted! If you have any questions, contact the Career Center.
View the current list of the companies registered for this event
and identify those you most want to meet. Download the free Illinois
State University app to view the map of the fair layout, list of employers,
and other helpful tips. Visit your app store, search for the Illinois State University app, then download the Career Center Guide. Check back regularly.
Put your best foot forward at the career fair by attending InstaCareer, our career fair preparation sessions on September 10th or 30th from 4 - 7 p.m. in the Bone Student Center to learn how to introduce yourself, identify what to say, get tips on how to follow-up after the fair, and more! (Both sessions are the same.)
Career Fair Planning Tips
- Get helpful tips on how to prepare for a career fair. Flip to page 16 of the Career Resource Guide.
- Construct an effective resume. View pages 5-7 of the Career Resource Guide. Then, visit the Career Center for a resume critique and/or mock interview by making an appointment with your career advisor or visit the Career Center during drop-in hours.
- Prepare for on-the-spot interviews. Visit InterviewStream to get interview questions listed by major and job industry, and practice your answers.
- Identify your answers to commonly asked questions. Flip to page 19 of the Career Resource Guide for sample questions.
- Develop a 30 second summary of your professional skills, experience and interests. Visit page 19 of the Career Resource Guide.
- Watch our career fair video to learn helpful tips for the day of the fair, and a video from one of our career fairs to see what the fair is actually like and get inside tips and advice from students. (Download a transcript of the career fair video and the transcript from the video of one of our career fairs.)
- Be sure to dress the part. Flip to page 17 of the Career Resource Guide for professional dress tips, and page 15 for proper professional etiquette.
- Do your research! Visit page 18 of the Career Resource Guide to learn how to do quality research so you can answer the question, "what do you know about us?"
- Create your Hire-A-Redbird profile for job searches and resume posting. If you already have your profile created, be sure the information in your profile is current and accurate.
- Get a free professional headshot photo taken at the fair from 4:30 - 6 p.m. Photos will be posted onto Flickr within a week after the event.
- Download the free Illinois State University app to view the map of the fair layout, list of employers, and other helpful tips. Visit your app store, search for the Illinois State University app, then download the Career Center Guide.
If you need special accommodations to attend this event, contact the Career Center. Please allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodations.