Fall Internship Fair
Wednesday, September 17, 2014
4 - 7 p.m.
Bone Student Center
The Fall Internship Fair connects employers with students from all majors seeking internships or professional practice experiences. This fair is for those openings only. Students: please note that many (but not all) employers attending this event will be seeking candidates for internship openings available in summer or fall 2015.
Meet exciting new talent from Illinois State University. Register for the Fall Internship Fair today! Credit card is required. If your company is not able to pay by credit card, you must contact Career Center Events to register. Event details for attending employers, such as: parking, set-up, shipping, etc. are coming soon. Learn more about Illinois State internships. View travel directions to Illinois State.
Put your best foot forward at the career fair by following these career fair planning tips:
- Consider why you want an internship. Learn more about internships.
- Learn how to prepare for a career fair.
- Construct an effective resume. Then visit the Career Center for a resume critique and/or mock interview on September 12, September 15 and 16th, or during walk-in hours.
- Prepare for on the spot interviews.
- Develop a 30 second summary of your professional skills, experience and interests. See page 19 of the Career Resource Guide.
- Watch our career fair video to learn helpful tips for the day of the fair.
- Be sure to dress the part by reviewing page 16 of our Career Resource Guide, and page 14 for tips on proper professional etiquette.
- Review the list of attending employers and identify those you most want to meet. The list will be available on this page one week prior to the fair. (NOTE: Employers may sign-up or cancel after posting. Be sure to visit the check-in table at the fair for changes to this list.) Or, you can view the current list at Hire-A-Redbird. Simply log into your account, click on the "Events" tab and the respective fair.
- Attend the Behind the Scenes Career Fair Tour the day of the fair for tips and suggestions on how to navigate the fair and how to approach employers.
- Stop by First Check before entering the fair to be sure you're ready. Meet with Senior Professionals for advice on what to say to employers, be sure your attire is set, get answers on any last minute questions, or for an encouraging pep talk.
- If you're graduating this semester, be sure to stop by Grad Finale during the fair to order your regalia, graduation announcements and more!
If you need special accommodation to attend this event, contact the Career Center. Please allow suffcient time to arrange for the accommodation.