Fall Internship Fair
Wednesday, September 17, 2014
4 - 7 p.m.
Bone Student Center
The Fall Internship Fair connects employers with students seeking internships or professional practice experiences. This fair is for internship openings only.
Meet exciting new talent from Illinois State University. Join the Career Center for our Fall Internship Fair.
Put your best foot forward at the career fair by following these career fair planning tips:
- Consider why you want an internship. Learn about Internships.
- Get helpful tips on how to prepare for a career fair. Flip to page 15 of the Career Resource Guide.
- Identify your answers to commonly asked questions. Flip to page 18 of the Career Resource Guide for sample questions.
- Construct an effective resume. View pages 4-8 of the Career Resource Guide. Then, visit the Career Center for a resume critique and other helpful pointers.
- Learn how to develop a 30 second commercial of your professional skills, experience and interests. Visit page 19 of the Career Resource Guide.
- Watch our Career Fair Video to learn helpful tips for the day of the fair.
- Be sure to dress the part. Flip to page 16 of the Career Resource Guide for professional dress tips.
- Review the list of attending employers and identify those who you most want to meet.
- Attend the Behind the Scenes Career Fair Tour on September 17th at 4:15 pm. for tips and suggestions on how to navigate the fair and how to approach employers.
- Stop by First Check before entering the fair to be sure you're ready. Meet with Senior Professionals for advice on what to say to employers, be sure your attire is set, get answers on any last minute questions, or for an encouraging pep talk.