Fall Internship Fair
Wednesday, September 16, 2015
4 - 7 p.m.
Bone Student Center
The Fall Internship Fair connects recruiters with students from
seeking internships or professional practice experiences. This fair is for those openings only. Students: please note that many (but not all) recruiters attending this event will be seeking candidates for internship openings available in summer or fall 2016.
Meet exciting new talent from Illinois State University. Learn more about Illinois State's Academic Programs (includes an A-Z list of undergraduate majors) and Illinois State internships. View travel directions to Illinois State. Event details such as: parking, set-up, shipping, etc. will be available two weeks prior to the event.
Register today! Credit card is required. If your company is not able
to pay by credit card, you must contact the Career Center to register.
View the current list of the companies registered for this event
and identify those you most want to meet. Check back regularly.
Put your best foot forward at the career fair by following these career fair planning tips:
- Consider why you want an internship. Learn more about internships.
- Get helpful tips on how to prepare for a career fair. Flip to page 15 of the Career Resource Guide.
- Construct an effective resume. View pages 4-8 of the Career Resource Guide. Then, visit the Career Center for a resume critique and/or mock interview by making an appointment with your career advisor or visit the Career Center during drop-in hours.
- Prepare for on-the-spot interviews. Visit InterviewStream to get interview questions listed by major and job industry, and practice your answers.
- Identify your answers to commonly asked questions. Flip to page 18 of the Career Resource Guide for sample questions.
- Develop a 30 second summary of your professional skills, experience and interests. Visit page 19 of the Career Resource Guide.
- Watch our career fair video to learn helpful tips for the day of the fair, and a video from one of our career fairs to see what the fair is actually like and get inside tips and advice from students. (Download a transcript of the career fair video and the transcript from the video of one of our career fairs.)
- Be sure to dress the part by reviewing page 16 of our Career Resource Guide, and page 14 for tips on proper professional etiquette.
- Do your research! Visit page 15 of the Career Resource Guide to learn how to do quality research so you can answer the question, "what do you know about us?"
- Attend our career fair preparation session on September 10th from 4 - 7 p.m. in the Bone Student Center to learn how to introduce yourself, identify what to say, get tips on how to follow-up after the fair, and more.
- Participate in the Career Fair Tour the day of the fair for tips and suggestions on how to navigate the fair and how to approach recruiters.
If you need special accommodation to attend this event, contact the Career Center. Please allow sufficient time to arrange for the accommodation.