Fall Internship Fair
Wednesday, September 17, 2014
4 - 7 p.m.
Bone Student Center
The Fall Internship Fair connects employers with students seeking internships or professional practice experiences. This fair is for those openings only. Students: please note that most employers attending this event will be seeking candidates primarily for internship openings available in summer 2015.
Meet exciting new talent from Illinois State University. Join the Career Center for our Fall Internship Fair.
- Employer registration opening soon. Credit card is required (American Express, Discover, Master Card, Visa). If your company is not allowed to pay by credit card, you must contact Career Center Events to register.
- About Illinois State Internships
Travel to Illinois State
- Event Details for Attending Employers (parking, set-up, shipping, etc.) - coming soon
- Employer Questions about the Internship Fair - contact Career Center Events
Put your best foot forward at the career fair by following these career fair planning tips:
- Consider why you want an internship. Learn more about internships.
- Learn how to prepare for a career fair.
- Construct an effective resume. Then visit the Career Center for a resume critique and other helpful pointers.
- Prepare for on the spot interviews.
- Develop a 30 second summary of your professional skills, experience and interests. See page 19 of the Career Resource Guide.
- Watch our career fair video to learn helpful tips for the day of the fair.
- Be sure to dress the part by reviewing page 16 of our Career Resource Guide, and page 14 for tips on proper professional etiquette.
- Review the list of attending employers to outline a plan to identify those you most want to meet. NOTE: Employers may sign-up or cancel after posting. Be sure to visit the check-in table at the fair for changes to this list. Or, view the current list at Hire-A-Redbird. Simply log into your account, click on the "Events" tab and the respective fair.
- Attend the Behind the Scenes Career Fair Tour the day of the fair for tips and suggestions on how to navigate the fair and how to approach employers.
- Stop by First Check before entering the fair to be sure you're ready. Meet with Senior Professionals for advice on what to say to employers, be sure your attire is set, get answers on any last minute questions, or for an encouraging pep talk.
- If you're graduating this semester, be sure to stop by Grad Finale during the fair to order your regalia, graduation announcements and more!