Fall Internship Fair
Wednesday, September 14, 2016
4 - 7 p.m.
Bone Student Center
The Fall Internship Fair connects recruiters with students and alumni from
seeking internships or professional practice experiences. This fair is for those openings only. Students: please note that many (but not all) recruiters attending this event will be seeking candidates for internship openings available in summer or fall 2017.
Meet exciting new talent from Illinois State University. Learn more about Illinois State's Academic Programs (includes an A-Z list of undergraduate majors) and Illinois State internships. Candidates from other local institutions may also be in attendance. View travel directions to Illinois State. Event details such as: parking, set-up, shipping, etc. will be available two weeks prior to the event. Candidates from other local institutions may also be in attendance. Effective January 2017, the Career Center will not accept or send out fair shipments. Please make arrangements through your own carriers as needed. The Career Center apologizes for any inconvenience.
The Fall Internship Fair held this fall is now over. Please join us for our Spring Internship Fair on February 21, 2017.
Download the free Illinois State University app
to view the map of the fair layout, list of employers, and other helpful tips. Visit your app store, search for the Illinois State University app, then download the Career Center Guide. Check back regularly.
Put your best foot forward at the career fair by attending InstaCareer, our career fair preparation session to learn how to introduce yourself, identify what to say, get tips on how to follow-up after the fair, and more!
Career Fair Planning Tips
- Consider why you want an internship. Learn more about internships.
- Get helpful tips on how to prepare for a career fair. Flip to page 16 of the Career Resource Guide.
- Construct an effective resume. View pages 4-6 of the Career Resource Guide. Then, visit the Career Center during drop-in hours or at our Late-night Resume/LinkedIn Reviews on September 11, 12, and 13.
- Prepare for on-the-spot interviews. Visit InterviewStream to get interview questions listed by major and job industry, and practice your answers.
- Identify your answers to commonly asked questions. Flip to page 23 of the Career Resource Guide for sample questions.
- Develop a 30 second summary of your professional skills, experience and interests. Visits pages 23-24 of the Career Resource Guide.
- Watch our career fair video to learn helpful tips for the day of the fair, and a video from one of our career fairs to see what the fair is actually like and get inside tips and advice from students. (Download a transcript of the career fair video and the transcript from the video of one of our career fairs.)
- Be sure to dress the part by reviewing page 19 of our Career Resource Guide, and page 21 for tips on proper professional etiquette.
- Do your research! Visit page 16 of the Career Resource Guide to learn how to do quality research on employers so you can answer the question, "what do you know about our organization?"
- Create your Hire-A-Redbird profile to track your internship search and experience.
- Get a free professional headshot photo available to Illinois State students at the fair from 4:30 - 6 p.m. The 2016 Fall Internship Fair headshot photos are now available on Flicker.
- Download the
Illinois State University app to view the map of the fair layout, list of employers, and other helpful tips. Visit your app store, search for the Illinois State University app, then download the Career Center Guide.
- Join the Career Center on Facebook and Twitter for fair updates and helpful preparation tips.
Student Volunteers Needed
Interested in developing your leadership skills and/or earning service hours? Become a career fair student volunteer!
If you need special accommodation to attend this event, contact the Career Center. Please allow sufficient time to arrange for the accommodation.