Nursing and Health Professions Fair
Tuesday, October 28, 2014
Prairie Center, Bone Student Center
The Nursing and Health Professions Fair connects employers from hospitals, social service agencies, and other companies seeking to hire candidates in the nursing, health professions, social work and other related fields for full-time openings or externships/internships.
Meet exciting new talent from Illinois State University. Join the Career Center for our Nursing and Health Professions Fair.
Employer Registration opening soon - credit card is required (American Express, Discover, Master Card, Visa). If your company is not allowed to pay by credit card, you must contact Career Center Events to register.
Put your best foot forward at the career fair by following these career fair planning tips:
- Get helpful tips on how to prepare for a career fair. Flip to page 15 of the Career Resource Guide.
- Construct an effective resume. View pages 4-8 of the Career Resource Guide. Then, visit the Career Center for a resume critique and other helpful pointers.
- Identify your answers to commonly asked questions. Flip to page 18 of the Career Resource Guide for sample questions.
- Develop a 30 second commercial of your professional skills, experience and interests. Visit page 19 of the Career Resource Guide.
- Be sure to dress the part. Flip to page 16 of the Career Resource Guide for professional dress tips.
- Watch our Career Fair Video to learn helpful tips for the day of the fair.
- Review the list of attending employers and identify those who you most want to meet.