Nursing and Health Professions Fair
Date and time to be determined
Bone Student Center
The Nursing and Health Professions Fair connects recruiters from hospitals, social service agencies, sports medicine, and other companies seeking to hire candidates in the nursing, kinesiology, social work, and other health-related fields for full-time openings or externships/internships.
Meet exciting new talent from Illinois State University. Register for the Nursing and Health Professions Fair today! Credit card is required. If your company is unable to pay by credit card, you must contact Career Center Events. Event details such as: parking, set-up, shipping, etc. will be available two weeks prior to the event. Learn more about Mennonite College of Nursing (MCN) and MCN's Points of Pride, Illinois State's health sciences, communication sciences and disorders, and social work programs. Get travel directions to Illinois State.
Registration opens spring 2015.
Put your best foot forward at the career fair by following these career fair planning tips:
If you need special accommodations to attend this event, contact the Career Center. Please allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodations.
- Get helpful tips on how to prepare for a career fair. Flip to page 15 of the Career Resource Guide.
- Construct an effective resume. View pages 4-8 of the Career Resource Guide. Then, visit the Career Center for a resume critique and/or mock interview by making an appointment with your career advisor, or visit the Career Center during drop-in hours.
- Prepare for on-the-spot interviews. Visit InterviewStream to get interview questions listed by major and job industry, and practice your answers.
- Identify your answers to commonly asked questions. Flip to page 18 of the Career Resource Guide for sample questions.
- Develop a 30 second commercial of your professional skills, experience and interests. Visit page 19 of the Career Resource Guide.
- Watch our career fair video to learn helpful tips when attending the fair, and a video from one of our career fairs to see what the fair is actually like and get inside tips and advice from students. (Download a transcript from the career fair video and the transcript from the video of one of our career fairs.)
- Be sure to dress the part. Flip to page 16 of the Career Resource Guide for professional dress tips, and page 14 for tips on proper professional etiquette.
- Watch our career fair video to learn helpful tips for attending the fair and a video from one of our career fairs to see what the fair is like and get inside tips and advice from students. Download a transcript of the career fair video.
- Do your research! Visit page 15 of the Career Resource Guide to learn how to do quality research so you can answer the question, "what do you know about us?"