Nursing and Health Professions Fair
Tuesday, October 28, 2014
Prairie Center, Bone Student Center
The Nursing and Health Professions Fair connects employers from hospitals, social service agencies, sports medicine, and other companies seeking to hire candidates in the nursing, kinesiology, social work, and other health-related fields for full-time openings or externships/internships.
Meet exciting new talent from Illinois State University. Register for the Nursing and Health Professions Fair today! Credit card is required. If your company is unable to pay by credit card, you must contact Career Center Events. Event details, such as: parking, set-up, shipping, etc. are coming soon. Learn more about Mennonite College of Nursing, Illinois State's health sciences, communication sciences and disorders, and social work programs. Get travel directions to Illinois State.
Put your best foot forward at the career fair by following these career fair planning tips:
If you need special accommodations to attend this event, contact the Career Center. Please allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodations.
- Get helpful tips on how to prepare for a career fair. Flip to page 15 of the Career Resource Guide.
- Construct an effective resume. View pages 4-8 of the Career Resource Guide. Then, visit the Career Center for a resume critique and/or mock interview on October 10, October 14 and 15, or during walk-in hours.
- Identify your answers to commonly asked questions. Flip to page 18 of the Career Resource Guide for sample questions.
- Develop a 30 second commercial of your professional skills, experience and interests. Visit page 19 of the Career Resource Guide.
- Be sure to dress the part. Flip to page 16 of the Career Resource Guide for professional dress tips.
- Watch our Preparing for a Career Fair video to learn helpful tips for attending the fair and a video from one of our career fairs to see what the fair is like and get inside tips and advice from students.
- Review the list of attending employers and identify those you most want to meet. List will automatically update as more employers register. Check back frequently.
- Do your research! Visit page 15 of the Career Resource Guide to learn how to do quality research so you can answer the question, "what do you know about us?"