Tuesday, October 27, 2015
11:30 - noon lunch for employers and faculty
12:30 - 3 p.m. fair
Hancock Stadium Club
The Nursing Fair connects recruiters from hospitals, social service agencies, and other companies seeking to hire candidates in the nursing field for full-time openings or externships/internships.
Meet exciting new talent from Illinois State University. Register for the Nursing and Health Professions Fair today! Credit card is required. If your company is unable to pay by credit card, you must contact Career Center Events. Event details such as: parking, set-up, shipping, etc. will be available two weeks prior to the event. Learn more about Mennonite College of Nursing (MCN) and MCN's Points of Pride. Get travel directions to Illinois State.
Register today! Credit card is required. If your company is not able
to pay by credit card, you must contact the Career Center to register.
View the current list of the companies registered for this event
and identify those you most want to meet. Check back regularly.
Put your best foot forward at the career fair by attending InstaCareer, our career fair preparation session on September 30th from 4 - 7 p.m. in the Bone Student Center to learn how to introduce yourself, identify what to say, get tips on how to follow-up after the fair, and more!
Career Fair Planning Tips
If you need special accommodations to attend this event, contact the Career Center. Please allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodations.
- Get helpful tips on how to prepare for a career fair. Flip to page 16 of the Career Resource Guide.
- Construct an effective resume. View pages 5-7 of the Career Resource Guide. Then, visit the Career Center for a resume critique and/or mock interview by making an appointment with your career advisor, or visit the Career Center during drop-in hours.
- Prepare for on-the-spot interviews. Visit InterviewStream to get interview questions listed by major and job industry, and practice your answers.
- Identify your answers to commonly asked questions. Flip to page 19 of the Career Resource Guide for sample questions.
- Develop a 30 second commercial of your professional skills, experience and interests. Visit page 19 of the Career Resource Guide.
- Watch our career fair video to learn helpful tips when attending the fair, and a video from one of our career fairs to see what the fair is actually like and get inside tips and advice from students. (Download a transcript from the career fair video and the transcript from the video of one of our career fairs.)
- Be sure to dress the part. Flip to page 17 of the Career Resource Guide for professional dress tips, and page 15 for tips on proper professional etiquette.
- Do your research! Visit page 18 of the Career Resource Guide to learn how to do quality research so you can answer the question, "what do you know about us?"
- Create your Hire-A-Redbird profile for job searches and resume posting. If you already have your profile created, be sure the information in your profile is current and accurate.