January 30 and Februrary 12
4 - 7 p.m.
admission from 4 - 6 p.m.
Bone Student Center
Attending an upcoming career fair or planning on connecting with an employer? Then participate in one of these sessions to learn the skills you need to be successful when you meet potential employers or professional contacts. InstaCareer will help you gain the confidence and skills you need to achieve career success.
Rotate through a series of stations and hear first hand from actual recruiters and career advisors how to:
- Make a good first impression and dress appropriately for the situation
- Research employers before you meet with them
- Pitch yourself through a thirty second commercial and solid handshake
- Follow-up with employers and people you meet to stay connected
What to expect
- Rotation through all stations takes approximately an hour, with possible wait time before the first session starts.
- Attendees do not need to remain after rotating through all stations.
- If attending as part of a class, you must rotate through all sessions and check-out before leaving in order to receive attendance validation.
- No admittance after 6 p.m.
See what it's like for yourself.
View the InstaCareer video!
Representatives from the following organizations attended one or more of the InstaCareer sessions last semester to share their expertise with students:
- American Family Insurance - Career Center Partner
- Cintas - Career Center Partner
- CollegePro - Career Center Partner
- COUNTRY Financial - Career Center Partner
- Enterprise - Career Center Partner
- GROWMARK, Inc. - Career Center Partner
- Kelly Services
- Marine Officer Program
- Midwestern Securities
- Northwestern Mutual
- Pekin Insurance
- Pride Staff
- Service King
- Snyder Companies
- State Farm
If you need special accommodations to attend this event, please contact the Career Center at (309) 438-2200 with sufficient time to arrange the accommodation.