Construction Management Fair
February 9, 2016
1 – 4 p.m.
The Construction Management Fair connects recruiters with students seeking full-time or internship positions in construction management, safety, and renewable energy.
The Construction Management program at Illinois State has approximately 150 majors and 40-50 graduates annually. Our students and graduates are highly recruited for internships and entry-level positions by some of the nation's largest constructors and MEP contractors. The program is accredited by the American Council on Construction Education. Learn about Illinois State's Construction Management, Safety, and Renewable Energy programs. Get travel directions to Illinois State. Event details such as: parking, set-up, etc. will be available two weeks prior to the event.
To register and coordinate display shipments, email Joe Cleary.
Put your best foot forward at the career fair by attending InstaCareer, our career fair preparation session to learn how to introduce yourself, identify what to say, get tips on how to follow-up after the fair, and more!
Career Fair Planning Tips
- Get helpful tips on how to prepare for a career fair. Flip to page 16 of the Career Resource Guide.
- Construct an effective resume. View pages 4-6 of the Career Resource Guide. Then, visit the Career Center during drop-in hours for a resume and/or LinkedIn profile review.
- Prepare for on-the-spot interviews. Visit InterviewStream to get interview questions listed by major and job industry, and practice your answers.
- Identify your answers to commonly asked questions. Flip to page 23 of the Career Resource Guide for sample questions.
- Develop a 30 second summary of your professional skills, experience and interests. Visit pages 23-24 of the Career Resource Guide.
- Watch our career fair video to learn helpful tips when attending the fair, and a video from one of our career fairs to see what the fair is actually like and get inside tips and advice from students. (Download a transcript from the career fair video and the transcript from the video of one of our career fairs.)
- Be sure to dress the part by reviewing page 19 of our Career Resource Guide, and page 21 for tips on proper professional etiquette.
- View the list of employers to identify who you most want to meet. The Department of Technology will post onto the Construction Management Facebook page. If you have any questions about the list or any problems accessing the list, contact Joe Cleary.
- Do your research! Visit page 16 of the Career Resource Guide to learn how to do quality research on employers so you can answer the question, "what do you know about us?"
- Create your Hire-A-Redbird profile for job searches and resume posting. If you already have your profile created, be sure the information in your profile is current and accurate.
- Join the Career Center on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for fair updates and helpful tips.
If you need special accommodation to attend this event, contact the Career Center. Please allow sufficient time to arrange for the accommodation.