Fall Internship and Career Fair
The Fall Internship and Career Fair connects recruiters with students and alumni from
all majors seeking internships or full-time positions.
Meet exciting new talent from Illinois State University. Register for the Fall Internship and Career Fair! Learn more about Illinois State's academic programs and majors and Illinois State internships. Candidates from other local institutions may also be in attendance. View travel directions to Illinois State. Event details such as: parking, set-up, etc. will be sent to registrants and will be available here two weeks prior to the event. The Career Center does not accept or send out fair shipments. Please make arrangements through your own carriers as needed. For more information about the Fall Internship and Career Fair, contact Career Center Events.
Steps to complete before the fair
Construct an effective resume
. Check out the Career Resource Guide for assistance. Then, visit the Career Center during drop-in hours or
Late-night Resume Reviews for feedback.
Develop a 30 second summary of your professional skills, experience and interests. If you need help, utilize the worksheet in the Career Resource Guide.
Dress the part. Review our Career Resource Guide for tips on proper dress and professional etiquette.
Login to your Hire-A-Redbird account to register for the fair. Although not required, check out the benefits of registering.
Do your research. Check out the list of employers registered for the fair to identify those you most want to meet. Utilize the link below, visit Hire-a-Redbird, or access using the free Symplicity Jobs and Careers app available from the App Store or Google Play. Then, visit the Career Resource Guide to learn how to do quality research on employers so you can answer the question, "what do you know about our organization?"
Check out the list of employers who attend the fair in fall 2019.
Tips to prepare for the fair
- Visit the Career Resource Guide for suggestions on how to prepare for the fair. Then attend one of our InstaCareer career fair preparation sessions to learn how to introduce yourself, identify what to say, get tips on how to follow-up after the fair, and more!
- Check out the video from one of our career fairs to see what the fair is actually like and get inside tips and advice from students.
- Prepare for on the spot interviews. Visit InterviewStream to get interview questions listed by major and job industry, and practice your answers.
- Identify your answers to commonly asked questions. Visit the Career Resource Guide for sample questions.
- Join the Career Center on social media. Visit Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for fair updates and helpful preparation tips.
Professional headshot photos are available free to Illinois State students at the fair from 4-7 p.m. Photos will be available on Flickr with a direct link included below:
Student volunteers needed
Interested in developing your leadership skills and/or earning service hours? Become a career fair student volunteer!
If you need special accommodations to attend this event, contact the Career Center. Please allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodations.