Fall Internship and Career Fair
Tuesday, October 2, 2018
4 - 7 p.m.
The Fall Internship and Career Fair connects recruiters with students and alumni from
all majors seeking internship opportunities and/or full-time positions.
Meet exciting new talent from Illinois State University. Register for the Fall Internship and Career Fair! Learn more about Illinois State's academic programs and majors and and Illinois State internships. Candidates from other local institutions may also be in attendance. View travel directions to Illinois State. The Career Center does not accept or send out fair shipments. Please make arrangements through your own carriers as needed.
Registration opens soon. For more information about the Fall Internship and Career Fair, contact Career Center Events.
Student registration for the fair is not required. Students are encouraged to prepare for the fair by downloading the Careers by Symplicity app available from the App Store or Google Play and view the list of registered employers. The list of employers attending this fair will be available soon.
Put your best foot forward at the career fair by attending InstaCareer, our career fair preparation sessions to learn how to introduce yourself, identify what to say, get tips on how to follow-up after the fair, and more!
Career fair planning tips
Make the most of the fair by following these planning tips:
- If seeking an internship, consider why you want an internship. Learn more about internships.
- Get helpful tips on how to prepare for a career fair. Flip to page 18 of the Career Resource Guide.
- Construct an effective resume. View pages 6 - 8 of the Career Resource Guide. Then, visit the Career Center during drop-in hours or at our Late-night Resume Reviews.
- Prepare for on-the-spot interviews. Visit InterviewStream to get interview questions listed by major and job industry, and practice your answers.
- Identify your answers to commonly asked questions. Flip to page 27 of the Career Resource Guide for sample questions.
- Develop a 30 second summary of your professional skills, experience and interests. Visit page 18 of the Career Resource Guide.
- Watch our career fair video to learn helpful tips for the day of the fair, and a video from one of our career fairs to see what the fair is actually like and get inside tips and advice from students. (Download a transcript of the career fair video and the transcript from the video of one of our career fairs.)
- Be sure to dress the part. Flip to page 25 of the Career Resource Guide for professional dress tips, and page 21 for proper professional etiquette.
- Do your research! Visit page 31 of the Career Resource Guide to learn how to do quality research on employers so you can answer the question, "what do you know about our organization?"
- Create your Hire-A-Redbird profile for job searches and resume posting. If you already have your profile created, be sure the information in your profile is current and accurate.
- Get a free professional headshot photo available to Illinois State students at the fair from 4:30 - 6:30 p.m. Access your headshot photo from the 2018 Fall Internship and Career Fair on Flickr. (Link will be available until August 2019.)
- Join the Career Center on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for fair updates and helpful tips.
Student volunteers needed
Interested in developing your leadership skills and/or earning service hours? Become a career fair student volunteer!
If you need special accommodation to attend this event, contact the Career Center. Please allow sufficient time to arrange for the accommodation.