Healthcare Professions Fair
Thursday, November 16, 2017
12:30 - 2:30 p.m. fair
11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. luncheon (for employers, invited faculty, and Student Nursing Association officers only)
Hancock Stadium Club
The Healthcare Professions Fair connects recruiters from hospitals, social service agencies, and health-related organizations seeking to hire candidates from all majors for full-time employment or externship/internship experiences. Students and alumni from
majors are encouraged to attend, as many organizations are seeking candidates for open positions beyond care providers.
Meet exciting new talent from Illinois State University. Learn more about Mennonite College of Nursing (MCN) and other majors at Illinois State. Get travel directions to Illinois State. Candidates from other local institutions may also be in attendance. Event details such as: parking, set-up, etc. will be available two weeks prior to the event. The Career Center does not accept or send out fair shipments. Please make arrangements through your own carriers as needed. The Career Center apologizes for any inconvenience. For more information about the Nursing Fair, contact Career Center Events.
Maximize your recruiting efforts
While in Central Illinois, attend Bradley University's Nursing and Physical Therapy Career Fair on November 14 and the Illinois Wesleyan University Nursing Career Fair on November 15.
Put your best foot forward at the career fair by attending InstaCareer, our career fair preparation session to learn how to introduce yourself, identify what to say, get tips on how to follow-up after the fair, and more!
Career Fair Planning Tips
- Get helpful tips on how to prepare for a career fair. Flip to page 18 of the Career Resource Guide.
- Construct an effective resume. View pages 6 - 8 of the Career Resource Guide. Then, visit the Career Center during our drop-in hours or Late-night Resume Reviews on October 1 and 2.
- Prepare for on-the-spot interviews. Visit InterviewStream to get interview questions listed by major and job industry, and practice your answers.
- Identify your answers to commonly asked questions. Flip to page 27 of the Career Resource Guide for sample questions.
- Develop a 30 second commercial of your professional skills, experience and interests. Visit page 18 of the Career Resource Guide.
- Watch our career fair video to learn helpful tips when attending the fair, and a video from one of our career fairs to see what the fair is actually like and get inside tips and advice from students. (Download a transcript from the career fair video and the transcript from the video of one of our career fairs.)
- Be sure to dress the part. Flip to page 25 of the Career Resource Guide for professional dress tips, and page 21 for tips on proper professional etiquette.
- Get a free professional headshot photo available to Illinois State students at the fair from 12:30 - 1:30 p.m.
- Do your research! Visit page 31 of the Career Resource Guide to learn how to do quality research on employers so you can answer the question, "what do you know about our organization?"
- Create your Hire-A-Redbird profile for job searches and resume posting. If you already have your profile created, be sure the information in your profile is current and accurate.
- Join the Career Center on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for fair updates and helpful tips.
Student Volunteers Needed
Interested in developing your leadership skills and/or earning service hours? Become a career fair student volunteer!
If you need special accommodations to attend this event, contact the Career Center. Please allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodations.