Health, Human and Public Service Career Fair
Thursday, November 19
Bone Student Center, Brown Ballroom
The Health, Human and Public Service Fair connects recruiters from hospitals, health and human service organizations, and public and social service agencies seeking to hire candidates interested in full-time employment and internship experiences in health care, criminal justice, political science, and those interested in working in nonprofit and government.
Meet exciting new talent from Illinois State University. Register for the Health, Human and Public Service Career Fair. Candidates from neighboring institutions may also be in attendance. View travel directions to Illinois State. Event details such as: parking, set-up, etc. will be sent to registrants and will be available here two weeks prior to the event. The Career Center does not accept or send out fair shipments. Please make arrangements through your own carriers as needed.
Registration opens this summer. For more information about the Health, Human and Public Service Career Fair, contact Career Center Events.
Steps to complete before the fair
Construct an effective resume
. Check out the Career Resource Guide for assistance. Then, visit the Career Center during drop-in hours or
Late-night Resume Reviews for feedback.
Develop a 30 second summary of your professional skills, experience and interests. If you need help, utilize the worksheet in the Career Resource Guide.
Dress the part. Review our Career Resource Guide for tips on appropriate attire and professional etiquette.
Login to your Hire-A-Redbird account to register for the fair. Although not required, check out the benefits of registering.
Do your research. Check out the list of employers registered for the fair to identify those you most want to meet. Utilize the link below, visit Hire-a-Redbird, or access using the free Symplicity Jobs and Careers app available from the App Store or Google Play. Then, visit the Career Resource Guide to learn how to do quality research on employers so you can answer the question, "what do you know about our organization?"
Check out the list of employers who are attending the 2020 fair, coming soon.
Tips to prepare for the fair
- Visit the Career Resource Guide for suggestions on how to prepare for the fair. Then attend one of our InstaCareer career fair preparation sessions to learn how to introduce yourself, identify what to say, get tips on how to follow-up after the fair, and more!
- Check out the video from one of our career fairs to see what the fair is actually like and get inside tips and advice from students.
- Prepare for on the spot interviews. Visit InterviewStream to get interview questions listed by major and job industry, and practice your answers.
- Identify your answers to commonly asked questions. Visit the Career Resource Guide for sample questions.
- Join the Career Center on social media. Visit Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for fair updates and helpful preparation tips.
Professional headshot photos are available free to Illinois State students at the fair from 12:30-2:30 p.m. Photos will be available on Flickr with a direct link included below.
Student volunteers needed
Interested in developing your leadership skills and/or earning service hours? Become a career fair student volunteer!
If you need special accommodations to attend this event, contact the Career Center. Please allow sufficient time to arrange for the accommodation.